Facebook is one of the top social channels that businesses use for social media marketing. Agencies that handle social for multiple businesses clients are required to manage many Facebook fan pages and groups for each one of them. Usually, you have a dedicated social media manager for each client but that doesn’t solve the problem. You need a process or a system where you can manage all the pages from one place. How do you do that?
Facebook’s advertising service was launched 13 years ago. One can say that it has come a long way in optimizing the service offering for its business users. Facebook’s Business Manager is every social media manager’s answer to the question of ‘How to manage Facebook ads for multiple clients?” The tool is built in such a way that it is now easy for agencies to scale their client base as you do not have to toggle between multiple Facebook accounts. With the help of Business Manager, you can
- Manage multiple Facebook accounts
- Run ad campaigns on multiple pages
- Manage applications
- Collaborate with agency team members
- Provide different access levels based on their roles
- Easy reporting from one place
- Work with clients and partner better
The aim of this guide is to help you put together all the resources that will prove useful for agencies when managing Facebook ads for clients. But first things first, do you or your client have a business.facebook.com account?
Next, you will need to assign assets to your Business Manager. This can be done only after your client has also set up their Business Manager and have given you Admin access.
1. Visit business.facebook.com
2. You will see two Business Manager accounts
3. Click your client’s Business Manager
4. Head over to settings
5. Click Assign Partners
6. Enter your Business ID (you can find it in the URL path)
7. Click Connect
8. Next, go to your agency’s Business Manager
9. Click settings, go to the ‘People and Assets’ tab
10. Scroll to find Ad Accounts and you will be able to see the ad account shared.
ASSIGNING CLIENTS TO AGENCY TEAM MEMBERS
The next thing to do is to assign your clients’ assets to your team members based on their roles and tasks.
1. Go to business.facebook.com
2. Click your Business Manager
3. Click Business settings
4. Click People.
5. Select a person.
6. Click Assign Assets and select a type of asset.
7. Toggle on tasks you’d like to grant to the person. Or, toggle on admin access to allow them to manage the asset and perform all available tasks.
8. Select the specific assets you’d like to share access to and choose a role.
9. Click Save Changes.
You’re all set. Now, let’s quickly familiarize you with the other tools within Facebook that you will be frequently using when managing ads.
This tool is used to create and manage ad campaigns, set campaign goals and ad budgets, see how your ads are performing, get billing summary, etc. This is a tool that you use for everything that is ad related for each client.
This is a code snippet that is required to be added to your website. It helps you track traffic from your ad campaigns and optimize it based on the results. You will not get the required data on your ad campaigns if you do not install Facebook ad pixel. It is also necessary to add important events such as Add to cart when installing the pixel.
Guide to set up Pixel:
1. From your Business Manager dashboard, click the gear icon (Business settings).
2. From the People and Assets tab, choose Pixels from the left-hand menu, then click Add.
3. Enter a name (up to 50 characters) for your pixel, then click Create. When you click Create, you are agreeing to the pixel terms and conditions, so you should read those before you go any further.
4. Wait for the pixel to be created, then click Set up the Pixel Now.
5. All done! Now select the desire option and your are ready to go.
This is probably one of my favorite tools. It has been designed in a way to meet the requirements of advertisers who create plenty of ads and need good control over the campaigns they are running. As an agency, it is highly important that you make friends with this tool.
TOOLS OUTSIDE FACEBOOK
Facebook Business Manager is capable of handling all your ad management needs. However, agencies use social media management software to help manage social profiles for their clients. Hence, they often look for software that will allow them to manage Facebook ads as well from one place. Here are top three software that you can explore for Facebook ad management, in no particular order.
Qwaya is probably one of the top software that is used to create and manage Facebook ad campaigns. It has plenty of features that make Facebook advertising easy. Some of the key features include.
A/B Testing Ads and Audience
A/B testing is important for any kind of marketing. If you are not A/B testing your ad campaigns, you will not know where to direct your spend in the future campaigns. With Qwaya, you can test each variable of the campaign to ensure that your ads perform well and also see a good ROI.
You can enhance your ad campaigns for better reach, by running campaigns at optimal times. To help you achieve this, Qwaya allows you to schedule your campaigns in advance so that they are published at the right time when your audience is online, no matter the time zone you belong in.
With Qwaya, you can easily create campaign too.
Apart from it being a social media management software, Hootsuite offers social ad management as one of its products. It helps you take Facebook advertising to a whole new level. Here’s how.
- Create and optimize Facebook ads in no time
- Quickly reallocate your budget based on performance
- Automate your spend based on ad performance
- Boost organic content from within Hootsuite
- Bring your team and collaborate with them
- Manage access and permissions
- Connect your CRM and email marketing tools
- Measure real-time performance using multiple metrics
- Export and share analytics with clients
- Automate delivery of reports to clients
- Make informed decisions using real-time data and metrics
- Work with marketing strategists to boost your campaigns
AdEspresso is an ‘automatic ad optimization’ software. This is a product of Hootsuite but slightly different from Hootsuite Ads.
A/B Test Campaigns
Similar to any ad management software, it offers options to A/B test your Facebook ad campaigns. You can create multiple versions of the ad and test it with different target audiences. That’s plenty of testing! You can also choose where you want these ads to be shown and at what time.
AdEspresso has a clean UI that makes data reading easy. It has great visuals that help you understand data better. It also offers you options to customize the dashboard so that you can focus on the most important metrics for each client. It also gives you a detailed analysis of your ad campaigns. This will help you identify areas of improvement for your clients.
Revealbot is advertising chatbot that warns you when your ads become unprofitable and brings you metrics and insights on your ad campaigns. You can set up alerts for any metric like CTR or CPC and instantly react to changes right in your Slack channel.
How To Create Your First Automated Rule with Reveal:
- Login on the tool online.
- Now, from the panel, you have the option to start creating a rule from scratch or to choose one of Revealbot’s strategies.
- Now, in next step, give your automated rule a clear name.
- Now, select what objects you want the rule to apply to.
- Choose what your automated rule does like Pause campaigns, Increase, decrease budget, Set bid strategy to either automatic and etc.
- Now, go on and define conditions for ad.
- Initially, set the conversion attribution window.
- Now, easily setup updates as well as you can even set frequency also.
Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. You can generate thousands of ad variations automatically using any data source and show prices, discounts, store locations, availability, weather and more. You can also conduct seamless testing to learn which creatives, concepts, and elements drive the best performance.
Here are few features of Smartly.io:
- Leverage Facebook’s latest capabilities and Smartly.io AI-powered algorithms to hit your performance goals.
- Maximize results by allocating budget across ad sets and campaigns using 1st and 3rd party data.
- Avoid ad fatigue by automatically rotating your ads based on performance.
- Integrate first and third-party data sources and save hours from jumping between different platforms.
- Access performance trends across your entire funnel with flexible reporting
OVER TO YOU
You know by now that Facebook enjoys over 1.3 billion daily active users. This only means one thing—opportunity for you and your clients. It’s up to you to turn this around in your client’s favor. Once you have a Facebook marketing strategy in place, you can work on optimizing it using a Facebook Ad Management software.
If you have already used one of these tools to manage Facebook ads for your clients, share your experience with us. If you use a software that isn’t part of the list, let us know with a comment. Let’s keep the social conversation going!